Effective against: Weltschmerz, cognitive dissonance, bias, prejudice and double standards.
Active ingredients: critical & rational thinking (100%)
Side-effects: open mind, perspective, aha-moments and blown minds.
Are you annoyed with the short-sighted, closed-minded, sometimes utterly moronic attitudes of your fellow human beings?
Do you have ideas on how to remedy such behaviors or want some perspective to think about?
Are you suffering from a massive bout of Weltschmerz?
Then the Antiidiotic is for you! Available over the keyboard in pharmacies… um no, right here on this Website near you!
- The Perspective MachineIf you were given a time machine, what would you do with it? Me, I sit down and think about how, why and most importantly, whether I need to use it.
- Marine PerspectiveThis is a story designed and intended to challenge our assumptions and try to help us see things from different perspectives, something it seems we have a very hard time doing in general, not just with regards to wildlife but also – and more critically, I believe – with regards to how we humans interact with one another. The following was recorded yesterday in the 1-2 kHz band by a top secret whale observatory off the coast of Baja California. It is thought to have emanated from somewhere between Isla Cedros and Bahía Tortugas. Doppler shift analysis of the transmission […]
- Xenophobia and Double StandardsAn outside yet still distinctly familiar perspective on our tendency to establish convenient double standards.
- Benefits of Learning LanguagesIt’s all well and good to learn languages in a better way, but what does one gain from it? A hell of a lot more than you think, actually.
- Curing Linguistic Traumas – Working on the LanguageCuring or preventing language trauma isn’t just about setting a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere, it’s also about helping the student work on the language in the most effective way possible.